Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Madness

My bracket already has an error in it. I picked Hampton instead of Monmouth in last night's game. I like to use the NCAA bracket as an object lesson about striving for perfection. Even though my bracket is now flawed I do not just throw in the towel. Jesus is the only one who lived a perfect life, (filled out His bracket flawlessly). We can get together this Sunday and pick each others' brackets, (lives) apart by pointing out each others' weaknesses and we will each be right. "Here, help me get the log out of my eye so I can hit you over the head with it!"

Another ungodly attitude that I can display is since I know I won't be perfect, don't even try. I will pick Southern to beat Duke, Belmont to beat UCLA, remember if it happens, you heard it here first. Just because I know I won't be perfect I shouldn't sin so that grace will abound. When Jesus instructed us to "Be perfect, therefore as your heavenly Father is perfect.", in Mt. 5.48, I believe He was serious. Just because I blow it today or tomorrow as I sin doesn't mean that I should just quit trying. Since Jesus declares me holy and blameless through His sacrifice I should be encouraged to try all the harder in spite of my knowledge that I will be continually failing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home