Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Teachers


One of my favorite movies is The School of Rock starring Jack Black. Maybe because it reminds me of the things that I considered important when I was that age. A great scene in the movie shows the teachers at a table eating lunch together. Dewey (Black's character) has all of them listening to him tell funny stories and cracking jokes. At the end of one of his stories the punch line goes, "and those who can't do, teach...and those who can't teach...teach gym [as he points at the PE teacher]", and they all crack up, including the PE teacher. That scene really floors me.

I sure hope that it isn't the case - that those of us that teach Sunday School can't "do". Is there anything that a teenager can sniff out faster than a hypocrite? I don't think so.

Which brings me around to my point - finally! If you haven't taught a class on Sunday morning, you should give it a try. I'm certain that you will find it a very gratifying experience. I've always said that I get more out of it than my students. Please volunteer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home