Thursday, January 27, 2011

Service, Sacrifice and Suffering

God wants us to choose to sacrifice. God wants us to choose to suffer for His Kingdom. Saying God wants us to choose to serve in His and for His kingdom makes perfect sense while the other two are a bit more challenging.

In Hebrews 11.25 we read about Moses' CHOICE to suffer. He could have had it all... all that is... that THIS life has to offer. Moses turned it down and CHOSE to suffer, chose to sacrifice and chose to serve in and for God's kingdom.

Now I tend to try to avoid all forms of suffering and sacrifice that I can. Romans 8.17 tells me if I want to share in Christ's glory I must also share in His suffering. If I choose not to suffer today, when will I initiate an opportunity to suffer.... because this physical life is just going to pass me by...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home