Friday, March 17, 2006

Forgiveness...

One of my favorite songs is by Don Henley and is called "The Heart of the Matter". The chorus goes:
I've been trying to get down;
To the heart of the matter;
But my will gets weak;
And my thoughts seem to scatter;
But I think it's about forgiveness;
Forgiveness

And I think that really is the heart of the matter.
Forgiveness.

Isn't this the medicine which heals all of our wounds? As Jesus hung on the cross he said, "Lord, please forgive them, for they know not what they do." He showed us how his wounds were healed; with love and forgiveness.

If I could take a pill that would cure all my hurts wouldn't I give everything I have to get access to that pill, and yet here is Jesus offering us that pill --- forgiveness --- free of charge.

originally posted by Dennis on 3.17.06 edited later by James

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger R U S S said...

This was one of my favorite songs growing up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home