Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Obligation v. Opportunity

Do I view my service in the Kingdom of God as a burden of responsibility and obligation? If I do, how does my attitude impact the effectiveness of my service? This past Thursday I had the opportunity to attend a St. Louis Cardinals' game in the new stadium. I know I didn't feel like my attending was a burden. I looked forward to it with anticipation. I did not schedule anything that would interfere. I was parked and walking toward the stadium with better than 45 minutes til the first pitch. I stayed until the final out. I went down as close to the field allowed afterwards and had my son's and my picture taken together with my camera by one of the ushers. Traffic was a nightmare and with the construction I got turned around and had to backtrack to get to the interstate before making the almost hour long trip home. My attitude is, "I can't wait to get to attend the next game." I look forward to the OPPORTUNITY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home