Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I almost won $100,000...

the other day. I was opening a package of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies or a brand very similar and I noticed that on the outside in big font was the words, "Win $100,000 instantly." All I had to do was look for "Charlie," the crazy cookie with the colored chocolate chips, and I would win. Normally I do not take the entire tray out when I open cookies, but I just couldn't stand the possibility of dimissing my chances only to see one of my children later with the partially eaten "crazy" cookie in their hands. I took out the whole tray and after quickly scanning the cookies it was obvious that all of the cookies had the dark brown traditional chocolate chips.

Why didn't I win? I think the answer comes from 1 Cor. 10.13 where God promises us He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. So apparently I cannot handle the temptations that winning $100,000 would bring into my life . :-)

I think it is comforting to realize just how involved in each of our lives God has to be just to make good on that ONE promise.

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 8:35 AM, Blogger Bull Rush said...

Well, I guess it's a good thing that my bottle of Coke was a loser too! I'm sure God knows why I can't handle the jet ski or morocycle or whatever that was all about :).

I think my wife even knows why I shouldn't have that jet ski. I would wind up out in the middle of the river out of gas or something worse :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home