Friday, September 08, 2006

My food is...

In John chapter 4 after Jesus' initial interaction with the Samaritan woman at the well, Jesus tells His disciples, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about." Just as the Samaritan woman had thought of the living water that Jesus was offering was physical and Nicodemus in the previous chapter had thought of being born again as physical, the disciples asked each other about the physical food possibilities. "Could someone have brought him food?"

Jesus then states in 4.34 "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work?" It is hard to make the transition from the physical needs list of food, water, shelter and clothing to the will of God in my life actually being a need. My need is to do the will of God. It won't be long before I am eating, drinking, sheltered and clothed. How long will it be before God finds me doing His will? It will all depend on how much I need to do His will.

My food is... the Lord of my life, whether or not that happens to be Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home